QUALIFICATION OF VOTERS
In order to vote, you must:
- Be a United States citizen
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be a district resident for at least 30 days prior to the vote date
- Eligible voters include those who have voted in federal, state, county, or school district elections within the past four years, those who have registered with the Nassau County Board of Elections, and residents who registered during the school district’s registration period
- Must register no later than May 14, 2019 in order to be eligible to vote at the Annual District Election.
We have dedicated May 14, 2019 as the District Registration Day from 9 AM-2 PM and 6 PM-9 PM (must bring proof of residency) to the Conference Center located at 99 Radcliffe Road, Island Park, NY (Transportation Entrance - side of building)
If a voter wishes to vote with an Absentee Ballot, he/she must complete an application for an Absentee Ballot and submit the application to Ida Johnson, District Clerk, who will then provide the Absentee Ballot. The application must be received at least seven (7) days (May 14) before the election if the Absentee Ballot is to be mailed to the voter. Persons designated by the Nassau County Board of Elections as “permanently disabled” pursuant to the provision of the Election Law, will automatically receive an absentee ballot. The District Clerk’s Office is located at 99 Radcliffe Road, Island Park, NY. For more information, please call Marianne DeCicco, District Clerk, at 434-2610/2611.
Absentee Ballots must be filed with Marianne DeCicco, District Clerk, no later than 5 PM election day (May 21, 2019). Anything after 5 PM will not be valid.