FINAL PTA Meeting
Please join us …
Date: Thursday, June 6, 2019
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Place: Lincoln Orens Middle School
We would like to welcome everyone to attend our FINAL PTA Meeting of the 2018-2019 school year:
School reports will be given by:
Dr. Bovino, Superintendent
Mr. Russum, FXH Principal
Dr. Hoffman, LOMS Principal
Mrs. Janofsky, one of our school social workers, will discuss the district’s Substance Abuse Programs within the schools. There is a new educational law requiring districts to assist parents with education regarding potential warning signs of substance abuse in their child/ren and the resources available to them. In addition to parent education that must take place, we must also explain the district’s substance abuse programs and what happens if a student violates the Code of Conduct with respect to substance abuse (with illegal or over-the-counter substances).
- Come with your comments, questions and suggestions for the 2019-2020 school year
- School store will be open following the meeting. Get your spirit wear before the summer break!
Free babysitting is available
(children must be at least 4 years of age and toilet trained)
PTA forms and flyers are also available on the IP school’s website and PTA Facebook Page
TOGETHER WE ARE BETTER!!
See PDF: PTA Meeting June.pdf
We are happy to announce the new PTA Executive Board for the
2019-2020 school year!
Adrianne Cardiello, Co-President
Christine Sweeney-Glynn, Co-President
Christina Torres, VP-FXH
Melanie Molloy, VP-LOMS
Toni Egan, VP-Fundraising
Tracy Kopsachilis, Corresponding Secretary
Heather Nagy, Recording Secretary
Marie Boncina, Treasurer
We are looking forward to an exciting and productive school year for our children!!
PTA forms and flyers are also available on the IP School’s website and PTA Facebook Page
TOGETHER WE ARE BETTER!!
See PDF: 2019-2020 PTA Board
PTA CALENDAR FOR 2018-2019 SCHOOL YEAR
PTA Executive Board
The following is a list of the PTA Executive Board for 2018 - 2019.
Vice President- FXH:
Vice President- LOMS:
Vice President of Fundraising
PTA Meeting Minutes
Top 10 Ways To Communicate With Your PTA
- Email PTA: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Send private message ONLY to the Official PTA Facebook Page: Island Park PTA (Non-Profit Organization);
- Send letter to school to the Attention of PTA;
- Call the main office at FXH: (516) 434-2670;
- Call the main office at LOMS: (516) 434-2630;
- Attend our monthly PTA meetings;
- Listen to the PTA connect ed calls in their entirety because they contain very important information;
- Don’t forget to check your child’s folder on Flyer Friday for our flyers which contain information that you need to know;
- Visit our school district’s website at www.ips.k12.ny.us to view our flyers and important school information; and
- Stop and chat with one of our PTA Board members.